Terms And Conditions
amended: 1st July 2019
Our commitment to you
· Fulfil your order(s)
· Keep you up to date with the latest offers
· Give you a better shopping experience
· Help us to make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
· Improve our services
· Meet our legal responsibilities
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed. The types and quantity of data collected depends on why and where you are providing it and will include the following:
· includes information such as: title, first name and last name
· includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country, telephone number
· includes information such as: mobile banking information (bKash, Nagad, Rocket), payment card details, PayPal account details
· includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket contents, order number, number of items, product details, discounts, shipping costs etc), payments to and from you, correspondence or communication with you in respect of your orders.
· includes information such as: details of device(s) you use to access our website, your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, your username, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
· includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, products purchased, feedback, preferences
· includes information such as: how and when you use our website, how you moved around it, what you searched for, website performance statistics, weblogs and other communication data.
· includes information such as: whether you have opted in to receive marketing from us, date of opt in/unsubscribed
We may collect personal data about you in the following ways:
· you may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction, Profile and Marketing data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
a) Create an account or purchase products on our website
b) Subscribe to our newsletter, social media sites or create wish lists
c) Enter a competition: or
d) Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media or messaging service)
· we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
a) Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google.
b) Technical Data from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website
c) Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from technical, payment and delivery services, such as bKash, Rocket, PayPal, Visa, Mastercard etc.
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collect it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
· We have your consent to do so, or
· We need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
· The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
· We have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
We may use your personal data to support a range of different activities, including:
· To create an account and register you as a new customer
· To process and deliver your order including: recording your order details, keeping you informed about the order status: process payments and refunds: assist fraud prevention and detection: provide delivery information via SMS
· To build a profile of you including: offering personalised product and service recommendations: perform targeted marketing: for the purpose of fraud protection. Some of this profiling may sit with third parties such as our email and advertising provider
· To enable you to take part in a competition
· To administer, protect and improve our business and our website including: data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting data, setting default options for you
· To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising served and deliver relevant advertising to you
· To use data analytics to: improve our website, products and services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences: and for market research, statistical purposes
· To recommend products, service discounts and offers that may be of interest to you, including to send you such information by email.
· To inform or remind you by email of any task carried out via our website which remains uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets
· As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
· As we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
a) Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
b) To comply with legal process
c) To respond to requests from public or government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
d) To enforce our terms and conditions
e) To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates
f) To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collect it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you if we wish to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We may disclose and share your personal data within our companies, and with selected third parties including:
· To business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the section ‘How we use your data’, such as:
· Third party service providers that provide IT systems and software to host our website
· Third party payment processing services (including bKash, Rocket, Nagad, PayPal etc) to process your payment to us. We do not store your credit/debit card information
· Third party service providers to fulfil and deliver the goods you have ordered
· If you order a physical product from us and choose to collect it from a local bookshop, we will provide that bookshop with the information they need to facilitate collection
· Third party service providers engaged to send emails on our behalf including those related to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications (where consented to do so)
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
· Affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website
· Third party service providers engaged to obtain service reviews on our behalf
· Advertiser and advertising networks that require selected data to tailor and serve relevant adverts to you and others
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations
We will send you marketing communications and promotional offers:
· If you have consented (Opted in) to receive email newsletters
· If you have provided us with your details when you entered a competition and you have consented to receive email newsletters
We will stop sending you marketing information if you ask us to. When you register with our website, it will be obvious how to choose not to receive marketing information from us, and when we send you a marketing email, there will always be an obvious means of unsubscribing from receiving further emails. You can also opt out of receiving marketing information at any time by logging into your account and changing your account preferences, or by emailing If you do opt out, we will need to keep a record that you have done so.
From time to time we may also include with your order, inserts advertising goods, services or offers from other third-party companies that you may be interested in
We will not sell your personal information to anyone else, nor will we include anyone else’s products/services in our marketing emails.
We use third-party advertising companies to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products. These companies may use a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies collected from your visits to our website to tailor the advertisements you may see on third party websites and social media (including Facebook).
The Digital Advertising Alliance (which includes companies such as Google, Responsys and Facebook) provides a tool called that can perform a quick scan of your computer or mobile devices, find out which participating companies have enabled customised ads for your browser, and adjust your browsers preferences accordingly.
Our website may include links to or from our partner websites, networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit and personal data to their websites.
We take your online security very seriously. You need to have peace of mind that you are transacting with a legitimate and secure site before you buy. We follow strict security procedures to protect the information you give us and to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information.
When you create an account with us, you will be asked to choose a password, please keep this confidential and do not share it with anyone. We do not have access to this password. If you forget your password, we cannot reset this for you, but will send you a secure link to enable you to do this yourself.
When you send us your personal information, the link between your PC and our server is encrypted using industry standard methods - usually referred to as SSL (128 bit encryption). We use a Digital Certificate issued by Name Cheap, and all our website pages are secure, identified by – https:// in the address bar and also a padlock sign.
We do not store credit/debit card details. Payment pages are hosted by Mastercard and card details are encrypted before being stored as a secure token. This means that your card number is never stored in any human-readable format. This allows us to charge your card for goods as they are dispatched, rather than in advance. It also allows us to quickly issue refunds and to speed up the process of dispatching any back orders you may be waiting for. The communication between Hive and Mastercard is secured with encryption and digital certificates, issued by a recognised authority. All card transactions are PCI compliant.
You have several rights under the data privacy legislation. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to:
· The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
· The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you: where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
· The right to ask up to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification)
· The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object)
· The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing) and
· The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability)
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by any of the following means:
Phone us on: +88 09606 033393
Write to us at: 274/2 S J Jahanara Imam Sarani, Elephant Road, Dhaka 1205
We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. Occasionally, it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of the above rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it